Saturday, June 7, 2008

Double rainbow

I took this photograph yesterday afternoon. I was in the car on the way home when I spotted the bright rainbow. I rushed home, ran inside to get the camera, and then took several shots. After putting the camera down, I gazed at the rainbow with the naked eye and couldn't believe what I was seeing. In fact, I rubbed my eyes just to make sure that I wasn't mistaken in what my eyes were seeing. Yes, it was indeed a double rainbow! The bright colours of the larger of the two are clearly visible on the right, with the shaded colours of the second one faintly visible on the left. I hope that a double rainbow is a sign of good luck!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Good pic. We often get double rainbows. - Dave

Sakiwi said...

This is my first ever double rainbow! I look forward to many more.

Lynette said...

Wonderful capture of a glorious moment in time. Thanks for sharing.