- Pick up rubbish around your house that could become airborne;
- Bring rubbish bins indoors;
- Bring pets inside;
- Boaties are recommended to check their moorings;
- Check on your next door neighbours.
If the storm hits Civil Defence recommends:
- People stay at home, do not travel unless absolutely necessary;
- Open a window on the side of the building away from the wind. This will relieve pressure on the roof and help prevent it lifting;
- Close all curtains to slow down flying glass and airborne objects;
- Stay away from doors and windows. If the wind becomes destructive, shelter further inside the house.